Thursday, May 22, 2008

244 7/8

I started Swimming laps a few weeks ago, and now my eyes are suffering. The Chlorine really bothers my eyes, so I guess I'm going to have to invest in a pair of goggles. I recently invested in headphones so I could listen to the NBC10 news at 4 while I worked out at the gym.
It has been a while since I really swam, and I was hitting the pool after doing a 35 minute elliptical program, and then 30 minutes of either stair stepping or stationary bike, or some combination thereof.
So I was already tired getting in the pool, and swimming a single lap was exhausting. I tried to go to fast, my form wasn't that great, and I wasn't timing my breathing correctly.
But practice makes perfect, and now, at the end of the month, I can swim 5 laps in about 12 minutes, pacing myself and keeping a steady rhythm.
After that I climb out, catch my breath, and do 15 minutes sitting in the jacuzzi and 10 in the sauna, before hitting the showers.

This weekend I will be in Cape May Point, and there's a lot of odd jobs to be taken care of down there for my Father in Law, but I'm taking my Bike, and I plan to ride as many miles as I can each day, because there is no gym handy!

Next Wednesday the 28th I will be answering questions for new participants in the Weight Management Program at Lehigh Valley Hospital on Cedar Crest.
I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences with others, and offer my support to them, as it was offered to me last year. I have lost over 100lbs since Thanksgiving, and over 80 since the Surgery. I am so grateful to all the Health Professionals who have helped me get my life back. I would encourage anyone with years of obesity issues to give the program a call, and visit their presentations. It has really changed my quality of life, and I am grateful for it.

P.S. I apologize for not posting this sooner. I received an email from a faithful reader asking why I hadn't posted. I had saved the time and post but not scheduled it. Here it is Sunday evening! Sorry gang!

No comments: