Tuesday, March 25, 2008

263 1/2

I was surprised at first, to think I had dropped almost 5 pounds this week. I ate more than usual at our family Easter meal this weekend, if you consider two small scoops of red potatoes and two slices of ham a big meal, but considering I had two bites of pecan pie (A big Sugar rush!)
a small square of carrot cake, and the smallest piece of a birthday cake that I could get, I thought for sure I wouldn't lose any weight this week.

But to put it in perspective, I ate my food properly, chewing it thoroughly, and I consumed those portions gradually, over the space of two hours. I also did quite a bit of walking, in and around Cape May, and Cape May Point. I even walked the sandy beach by the Light House out to the old Army Bunker, which had several hundred yards of beach replenished in recent years, and is no longer buried by the tide. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised that my metabolism stayed geared up with all that exercise.

Here's the thing, I regularly eat two 60 calorie Dannon Light yogurts around 5;15 AM for breakfast, and that fills me up. I'll have a couple of Sugar Free 60 Calorie Jello Puddings around 9:30, and I usually have two more yogurts around Noon. That's only 360 Calories, and that is why I take a multivitamin. I try to eat protein around 5 when I get home from work, and again a small serving before I go to bed. I find my biggest challenge right now is getting ENOUGH to eat. I'm just not hungry. I am lax in mixing vegetables in later in the day (I love green beans and peas, but don't get enough of them) and that is where I need to improve my diet.

I do have one weakness: I still hit the Dunkin Donuts drive thru for a decaf coffee with 2 Splenda and low fat milk. I confess I still need that Morning Cup of' Joe.
My wife told me she saw me on "Business Matters" on WFMZ and that it is really evident I have lost a great deal of weight. I love her, and here I thought the camera always added 10 pounds!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's because you were sitting next to Bernie!!

Anonymous said...

No, that's because he looked great. And it was even more apparent how much weight he had lost in the weeks between the taping and the airing of the show.

He looked SMART sitting next to Bernie.

Keep up the good work 3BG.

Kathy said...

Chris -- Just getting started here on this blog. Congratulations on your success so far. It ain't easy. Like most people, I'm all gung ho in the beginning, but then I do things like run to bakeries in a fit of dessert rage and ruin it all. Maybe you can teach me how to do it right!

Kathy @ The Junk Drawer