Thursday, April 10, 2008

258 1/4

Had my final covered 90 day window visit to the Surgeons office on day 89. I weighed 261 on Tuesday, but that was wearing all my clothes, everything except shoes. Wednesday night after working out at the gym, wearing nothing but skivvies, I came in at 258 1/4. I am anticipating the elation I will feel when I no longer slide the "250" bar in to place and work the smaller slide counterbalance down to the appropriate single digit number. That's what happened as I approached the 300 level in the first 3 weeks after surgery. It was such positive reinforcement when I stopped using the 300 bar, and banishing the 250 bar to history will feel just as good. I'm shooting for Mother's day to break that barrier for good.

This past weekend, I heard a conversation at the gym, that made me speak up and offer encouragement. I heard an older man and his middle aged (35 ish) son talking, and the son suggested his Dad weigh himself at the gym while no one was around, because the scale at home didn't go high enough. The scale at the gym goes to 400. He was about to get on the scale, when he saw me down the aisle. He started to back off, but I spoke up, and said go ahead. I told him I had been where he was, I know what it's like. I didn't look to see what he weighed, but later, I saw him trudging on the treadmill, and I started a conversation with him. He had just joined the gym with his family, and was going to give it a try. I wished him the best, and told him to talk to me anytime.

When I started Weight management, my Body Mass Index, (BMI) was 48. Even after losing almost 100 pounds, it is still 38.5 Anything over 20 is considered obese, over 30 morbidly obese.
I have a long way to go for a five foot ten inch tall guy.

BTW: Everybody else I know has been changing their templates and looks, so I decided to give a few a try.

No comments: